Wednesday, December 17, 2008

simple plan

Posted by hiyosinaga 8:33 PM, under |




An incredible & uplifting story comes out of “Save You”
December 17th, 2008

“I’m sorry, Simple Plan are not going to be able to call you tomorrow…They want to meet you backstage at their gig on Saturday night!”

In June 2007 I was told by my mum and dad that my dad had unoperable stomach cancer. At this time I had just overcome some bullies at school and I thought I was finally taking a step forward in my life, but as they say, I took one step forward and two steps back…

From then on my Dad stopped going to work and spent more and more time at home. But I didn’t start to notice the change until that Christmas. There was one last girl I had to sort out at school and my dad had been helping me and coaching me through it telling me how to present my self in a polite yet “get the hell out my life” sort of way!

Just before Christmas 2007 my dad told me that the chemo he was having wasn’t helping and was only making his body weaker. He decided to have no medical treatment as anything else the doctors could give him wouldn’t definitely work. This was massive and I couldn’t pretend I was fine any longer. I became quite depressed and didn’t really enjoy things or school. I thought the world was against me.

My dad and I were very close but during this time, I started listening to really deep, dark music. And I don’t remember how, but some how I started listening to a band called Simple Plan. The first time I heard them was when their song came on in the film Cheaper By The Dozen and I loved it! But this time I was really listening to the music and I could relate every song and every word to my life in some way. From the moment I started listening to Simple Plan I loved them! The songs are mostly upbeat but at the same time have SOO much meaning to them.

In March 2008 I took about a week off school to spend time with my dad. At the beginning of this week, Simple Plan’s new album came out. I got the album and started listening to it straight away. I heard this one song, called “Save You”, and the lyrics were “Sometimes I just wish I could save you”. As soon as I had listened to the album and decided what I thought of it, I took it to my dad and let him listen. I said, “Dad these lyrics are exactly how I feel towards you” - at this time he was now bedridden and we had been told he could die any day.